Title: Register Nurse (Diabetes)
The Nurse Register (NR) is a primary care provider who is responsible for providing comprehensive care to both well and ill patients. The NR educates patients and/or their families to promote wellness, prevent illness, maintain current health and treat acute or chronic illness. The Florida Board of Nursing and the Scope of NR Practice state the NR responsibilities within the written collaborative agreement with a physician as required. Each NR reports to the collaborative physician and Medical Director of Diabetes Wellness Clinic of America, LLC.
(1) A current, unencumbered, Florida registered nurse license. The RN may not be a current participant in the FSBN Nurse Monitoring Program for substance abuse.
(2) Employment history, education, and professional references that demonstrate skills, knowledge, and experience in the following areas: client assessment, documentation of assessments and health care plans, teaching, and the ability to work independently.
(3) Bilingual (Spanish and English)
(4) One year of hospital or skilled nursing facility experience.
(5) Be available to work a minimum of 32 hours/month.
The individual to take this opportunity will have overall responsibility for the clinical activities of the Diabetes Program at Diabetes Wellness Clinic of America including, but not limited to, strategic planning, finance, clinical operations, quality improvement, education, training, and clinical trials development. This position will oversee the inpatient Diabetes Management Service, the Diabetes Consultation and Teaching Service, and clinical activities related to Diabetes at all sites of the Clinic and throughout the Diabetes Wellness Clinic of America. In addition to clinical activities, we expect that this individual will lead efforts to develop and implement efficient, high quality management of patients with diabetes in both primary and tertiary care settings. Interested candidates should send current CV to Max Martin at 22 Spruce Street, Jamestown, New York 14701 or Email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org